Friday, October 17, 2008

An ounce of prevention...

As I take my 18 mo old out of the high chair I'm asking myself, "WHY?!?! Why didn't you take 1.5 sec to put on a bib???" Our selection of bibs by the 4th kid is rather... limited- and I have simply gotten out of the habit of finding a clean one and putting it on! (There is really no good excuse.) So, he had mac-n-cheese, gluten-free of course, and a popsicle and a little red jello. Well... you can imagine the result. And you're thinking I'm pretty... well... I guess it goes without saying--- I just wasn't thinking. But now, I get to make this great analogy. Prevention saves much time and trouble later. How does this apply to discipling our kids? Well, my kids are dancing and singing to GT and the Halo Express right now- they've sung Gen 1:27, Psalm 139:14, Jer. 29:11, and now 2 Cor 5:17 "If anyone is in Christ Jesus, He is a new creation!" Now, since I've started typing, I've told them it was time to turn it off- come empty the DW- and get ready for bed. However- they're STILL SINGING 2 Cor 5:17. This is prevention at it's best. They don't need that verse right now (maybe). But, it is being embedded in their hearts to be used in the future- by us- and by the Holy Spirit. I can't begin to imagine what things having these verse buried in their hearts will prevent- and I don't want to! Just like putting on the bib- it really doesn't take much time to turn off the radio and pop in a CD- or throw it on in the kitchen while everyone's cleaning up--- but the dividends reaped will be worth the effort! (I'll be reminded of this when I spend 1/2 an hour trying to get red jello out of grey shirt and pants.)

If you've read "Living the Inspired Life" blog from the beginning- you remember me talking about GT and the Halo Express. But, I thought, especially with Christmas right around the corner, it bore repeating!!! It was THE best $ I spent last year. You can buy one of the 7 CD's by itself- or you can buy the whole set together. I don't know if you can hear clips on their site or not- but may I vouch for the music? It is upbeat, QUALITY music we all LOVE to sing! It is SO easy to memorize God's Word this way! Great gift to give, too! Ok... check it out here!

Happy discipling~
Katherine

©2008 Katherine Clark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails